FourFour’s FourFour Two coverage

FourFourMentions FourFourThe FourFour website FourFour articles FourFour has been awarded $1 million by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) for its coverage of the NBN.

The ACMA awarded the money in recognition of the “incredible quality” of FourFour and its coverage “of the NBN and the impact it will have on Australian society”.

The award was announced on Thursday by ACMA Chairman, Dr David Hepple, who said the award was a recognition of FourFours “high quality, accurate, timely, and impartial coverage of matters relating to the NBN”.

Hepple said the ACMA’s awards reflected the “unimaginable power of the internet”.

“We are very pleased that FourFour have been awarded this valuable $1m in a time of national uncertainty,” he said.

“This money will help the organisation continue to provide the essential coverage that it provides to Australians.”

Dr Hepples award follows a $1.5 million donation from The Australian Media Corporation (AMC) earlier this year.

FourFour was one of the first media organisations to report the rollout of the new national broadband network on October 9, 2010.

The network, which will be rolled out over the next five years, is expected to increase speeds from a current 2G to 4G network by at least 20 per cent.

In November, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) announced that FourFOUR would be investigated by the commission after a complaint that it published false and misleading information about the NBN rollout in its “FourFourNews” newsletter.

FourFour News was launched on October 10, 2010, the same day the Government announced it would spend $5.5 billion to build the NBN to deliver broadband to the nation.